Theatre in the Summertime
Idaho Shakespeare Festival
At Boise's Idaho Shakespeare Festival Amphitheater & Reserve, patrons enter an outdoor amphitheater and habitat reserve--embarking upon a theatrical experience like no other. In addition to all the magic, drama and passion of professional theater, and a 770-seat, state-of-the-art facility that was built to feature the human voice, the Festival Amphitheater & Reserve is nestled in a unique habitat that is home to an astonishing variety of plant and animal species. As you wend your way into the theater proper, you’ll enjoy native plants, the songs of water birds and glimpses of deer, heron, ducks, geese and an occasional fox.
● Romeo and Juliet (June 1–30)
● The Mousetrap, Agatha Christie (June 8-July 27)
● The Imaginary Invalid, adapted from Molière by Oded Gross and Tracy Young (July 6-August 24)
● The Winter’s Tale (August 3-26)
● Noises Off, Michael Frayn (August 31-September 29)